I decided to make dinner last night since my wife had an after work 90 minute massage and I didn’t expect her to make dinner to cap the night off. Instead I decided that I would make chili. The last time I made it I added to much salt and Cayenne pepper. Blarg!
This time I decided to do it right and only add the cayenne and salt later in the process and taste more often. To my credit it worked out beautifully. Here is a list of ingredients I used (subject to correction) and process I went through.
In a large stew pot I added in this order:
- 1 lb ground hamburger – browned
- 2 onions – chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic – sent through the garlic press
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can white pinto beans – drained
- 1 can kidney beans – drained
- 1 can black beans – drained
- spices – black pepper, salt, 2 kinds of chili powder (names to come later), cayenne pepper
Bring to boil, sort of, and then reduce heat to simmer with lid on for approximately 1.5 hours stirring frequintly.
There was enough for left-overs for at least one night. It should be fantastic again as the flavor has had even more time to marinade. Awesome!
More to come…