- (158) Mr. Pink – 138-195-163=496 (165) +7
- (159) Ruben – 171-196-157=524 (174) +15
- (178) Bill – 246-247-224=717 (239) +61
- (169) Tod – 172-180-167=519 (173) +4
- (214) James – 215-235-236=686 (228) +14
There are a couple of stories to tell here; first off – holy shit, Bill bowled lights out and second, holy shit Bill bowled lights out. The other story is that as a team we all were over overage collectively for series and 101 pins over average per game as a team. This was especially good because the team we bowled (one of my personal favorites) had three people bowl lights out. In fact here are the three bowlers scores and you be the judge.
- (193) Bowler #1 – 190-164-162=516 (172) -21
- (191) Bowler #2 – 179-238-254=671 (223) +32
- (210) Bowler #3 – 257-224-257=738 (246) +36
- (212) Bowler #4 – 268-236-300=804 (268) +56
- (199) Bowler #5 – 217-170-172=559 (186) -13
As a team they were +90 per game which is great but less than our 100+ per game and was the only reason we were able to split points with them the way we did. We ended up taking the second game and series. Our total was 17 out of 35.
This was one of those nights that everything seemed to go well for us as a team. We also bowled 3323 for Handicap Series which beat out the previous record for the year of all the teams. Not too shabby huh! I don’t always toot our horns but last night we deserve it. We were facing a really good team that had three bowlers crush and only as a team did we manage to split 17/18 with them. We never gave up and we continued to enjoy ourselves.
Oh and one last time – holy shit Bill bowled lights out. This was his first ever 700+ series. I feel so happy for him and am glad I could be there to watch it happen.
More to come…